Thursday, October 22, 2009

4:00 a.m. Denny’s

So the other night I got a call from my fellow Bahamians inviting me to their suite. I told them to give me a few minutes because I was on the phone talking to my ex-girlfriend from home that now goes to College in Canada. To them this was a big deal because they all knew that we never really talked anymore. So about an hour later I went over to the room to find that everyone was extremely giggly and acting extremely ludicrous. At first I felt extremely out of place but I had a blast laughing at everyone attempting to sing karaoke to their favorite songs and most of all pretending to be on the runway doing the catwalk. So after about 2 hours we realized that we were extremely hungry and that Denny’s would be the only thing that would fulfill our craving. Driving was out of the question, so the next best option was to take the local taxi service; Totem Taxi. It took us about 20 minutes just to leave the campus, not because we had to wait on the taxi but because we had to pretty much visit every dorm on campus so that everyone could get their money and stop to the ATM. Once we got to Denny’s it took us like 20 minutes to order because we had some of the most indecisive people ever. Not to mention three of them forgot their glasses so we had to pretty much read the entire menu to them. I told them they might as well learn Braille if they are going to be this blind in life. By the time we got our food I was sure that the waitress was about to kill someone. We could hear her in the back shouting at her cook because apparently he was messing up all the orders and she was sick of working with him. It sounded to me like it was a lover’s quarrel and that there was something else behind their frustration with each other. We all just laughed it off because they were going at it for at least 30 minutes. At this point I finally remembered that I was scheduled to give a tour that morning at 9:30. I thought to myself I should just stay up the whole night because other wise I would not wake up at all. So I set like three alarms and texted all of my friends that I knew would be up at that time to call me to wake me up. We eventually left Denny’s and paid for all our meals, tipping the waitress more than usual because she pretty much ran the restaurant herself. That night at Denny’s was great and will definitely go down as one of my favorite moments at college.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.